Due to Covid -19 , no Lunch Bunch babysitting will be available in 2020. However, PC Lunch Bunch is a favorite activity of kids, teens and adults – so feel free to read up on our program ( below) and get ready for Lunch Bunch fun in 2021!
Parkcrest employs certified babysitters to care for member’s children from 12:45 – 1:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Sitters will be available Thursday, June 11 through Friday, August 14 (NO babysitting during the week of July 27). This service allows adult members to use Parkcrest facilities for water exercise class, swimming laps, shooting hoops, playing tennis, or relaxing at the pool.
A $50 fee is charged for use of this service, good for unlimited use throughout the summer.
Please note: Babysitters are provided on an “as needed” basis each day. Adults should sign up their child(ren) each day babysitting services are requested, either in person or by phone with the manager. Please call before 11:30 a.m. as requests made after 11:30 a.m. may not be met.
A parent/guardian is REQUIRED to remain on facility grounds during Lunch Bunch.
BABYSITTER SAFETY GUIDELINES
- Each babysitter is assigned specific children to watch and will be responsible for those children the entire time a parent/guardian requests (between 12:45 & 1:30 p.m.).
- A target ratio of four children will be assigned to each babysitter. (Please note that this ratio may be modified due to the ages and/or special needs of the children).
- Babysitters will assist potty-trained children by accompanying them to the bathroom. Sitters are not responsible for changing diapers, and will notify parents/guardians if their child needs a diaper change.
- Babysitters typically walk children across Yellowstone Drive to play on the outdoor equipment at John Muir school during babysitting time. Babysitters will supervise children as they cross the street.
- Babysitters will inform parents/guardians of any injuries that occur during babysitting times and will report injuries to the Head Lifeguard on duty. An incident report will be completed for all reported injuries.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for informing babysitters of any special issues regarding their child(ren) (i.e. allergies, health concerns, behavioral concerns, etc.)
For a complete list of babysitter guidelines, please click here.
MANDATORY BABYSITTER MEETING
Anyone interested in being a “Lunch Bunch” babysitter for the season must attend an organizational meeting on Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. on the upper deck. Please bring your certification card with you. Sitters will not be assigned shifts until certification card is on file. Please contact the manager if you are interested in babysitting but unable to attend the meeting.