We are happy to announce that Alli Bell will be the director of the 2017 Parkcrest Water Ballet Show. Alli will be assisted by Assistant Directors and a student assistant to be named shortly.
Sign up for participation in the Water Ballet Show will be held during All- Activities sign up on SUNDAY, June 4. Sign up for water ballet lessons will also be at that time. Any boy or girl interested in the show SHOULD sign up at All Activity sign up day. Groups will be formed and practices will begin the week of June 12th. There will be a $45 registration fee to help defray costs of the program, which includes a t-shirt. (Maximum charge, $100 per family) For an additional $15 per family, a DVD of the show will be provided at the end of the summer. ($115 max per family if DVD desired) The show will be held on Tuesday July 18th, with a rain date of July 19th. Dress Rehearsal will be on Sunday, July 16th from 9- 11:30.
Policies for Participation in the Water Ballet Show
1) To participate in the show it is suggested that your child have had one session prior experience in water ballet. Children with no prior experience who would like to be in the show should talk with the directors to determine appropriate level.
2) Attendance at practices is very important. Children are performing in groups for the show. As with any group work, it is harder for participants to practice effectively when group members are missing. However, it is also recognized that there are many other things going on in a summer. Participants are asked to miss no more than 25% of scheduled practices. If you expect your child will have trouble making 75% of practices, please discuss this with the show director in advance. Every effort will be made to accommodate kids who want to be in the show. Pool sponsored team events will be considered “excused” absences. In the event a large percentage of kids will miss on a given day, alternate practice times may be set up and effort should be made to attend those if possible. Please let your group leader know in advance if you will be gone so they can plan best use of the time for everyone.
3) Depending on the age of the group, practices will be either half hour practices held twice a week, or 1 hour practices held weekly. For some older routines or boy routines, this may be reduced as warranted. Practices are generally scheduled between 1:30 pm to 8:30 pm, with younger children in the afternoon and older kids in the evening. Some boys groups may only practice on the Large Group practice Sundays.
4) Finale practice dates and times – If your child wants to participate in the Finale, please reserve the following times: Sunday morning July 2nd and Sunday morning July 9th. More details to follow on exact times participants are needed, but attendance at one of these is needed to be in the finale.
Request for sewing help – to accommodate aging costumes and growing bodies, some new costume ideas will be implemented. We will be asking for help with basic sewing tasks, so let us know if you can help out!
Parkcrest boys and girls alike love sharing their skills at the annual water ballet show.
2017 Water Ballet Directors
Alli Bell – Director
Nicole Gessler – Assistant Director
Sydney Peterson – Assistant Director
Rosie Patton – Assistant Director
– Student Assistant Director